Join us for the 17th National Trails Symposium in Austin, Texas, October 21-24, 2004
back to the home page -- Symposium Highlights -- Symposium Sponsors -- On-line Registration -- Symposium Registration Information -- or download pdf Registration Brochure -- Hotel & Travel Information -- Concurrent Workshops -- Poster Sessions -- Mobile Workshops -- Field Trips -- Become a Symposium sponsor! -- Symposium hotel and location -- Why Central Florida? -- Trail Design Competition
American Trails and the Florida Office of Greenways & Trails present...
- Symposium schedule at a glance
- Cutting-edge programs
- Mobile Workshops and Field Trips
- Pre- and Post-Conference Programs
- Concurrent Workshops and Posters
- Universal Trail Assessment Training
- National Trails Awards
- Trail Design Competition
- Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
- Why Central Florida?
- Thank you to our Symposium Sponsors
- View a map of the Symposium vicinity
- Reasonable registration rates
- Scholarship information
- download Registration Brochure or Registration Form
- On-line registration forms
American Trails and the Florida Department of Environmental Protection's Office of Greenways & Trails are proud to host the16th National Trails Symposium. The dates are November 10-13, 2002, at Disney's Coronado Springs Resort in central Florida near Orlando. The Symposium is held every other year by American Trails and a host state and community. A wide variety of sponsors and exhibitors provide key support for the conference. We hope you'll join us a a Symposium sponsor!
The theme for the Symposium is "Greenways and Trails ~ Crossing the American Landscape." The Symposium Planning Team has been hard at work developing a cutting-edge program that will feature speakers from around the country and around the world who will share state-of-the-art trail information, technologies, trends, and new initiatives. Download the pdf version of the Registration Brochure.
- Meet a variety of knowledgeable people working on trails today, including advocates, agency representatives, land managers, designers, planners, technicians, vendors, developers, and enthusiasts.
- Learn about successful partnerships among government agencies, nonprofit organizations, businesses, individuals, and others.
- Visit the most extensive Trails Exhibit Hall ever-- featuring 100 product and service vendors, nonprofit organizations, and participant agencies.
- Watch trail equipment in action at the "Trail Toys" Expo.
- Become an exhibitor and showcase your products and services.
A variety of Mobile Workshops and Field Trips will get you outside to experience the beauty and diversity of Central Florida-- an ecotourism paradise. Take advantage of opportunities to see and discuss multi-use and trail-sharing projects. Visit trails including the West Orange Trail and the Cross Seminole Trail in the Orlando area, the Land Bridge over I-75 (see a photo) and the Santos trails in the Ocala area. Choose from over 85 educational sessions taught by the country's most knowledgeable and talented trail leaders. Celebrate the successes of Florida's greenways and trails community. Experience unparalleled regional hospitality and networking opportunities. Leave with resources. Come home with practical information and skills that can be put to use immediately.
On-line registration for the National Trails Symposium now available!
For more information see:
Symposium Information Contacts
- SYMPOSIUM HOTLINE: (530) 547-2060 -- Fax (530) 547-2035
- E-mail: Symposium@AmericanTrails.org
- Symposium Co-Chairs: Dianne Redd (850) 488-3701 or Pam Gluck (530) 547-2060
- Volunteer HOTLINE: (877) 822-5208
- Volunteer Coordination: Mary Spivey (850) 488-3701
- Exhibitors and Sponsors: Pam Gluck or Kathy Jenkins (530) 547-2060
- Allied Conference/Meetings Coordination: Kathy Jenkins (530) 547-2060
- Program Chair: Jim Wood (850) 488-3701
- Field Trips & Mobile Workshops: Lindsey Benedict (850) 488-3701
- National Trails Awards Program: American Trails Vice Chair, Roger Bell (530) 547-2060
Thank you for visiting the American Trails website: http://www.AmericanTrails.org
Home - Calendar - News and Action Alerts -Trail Tracks Newsletter - Resources and Library - Trails State by State - National Trails Training Partnership - National Trails Symposium - National Recreation Trails Program - Your Comments - Membership Form - Member Groups - Board of Directors