Download the full Symposium Program (pdf 14.75 mb)
The theme for the Chattanooga Convention Center's recent expansion project is "a living machine" that contributes to the greening of Chattanooga. Unlike traditional meeting space, with dark ceilings that beg to be ignored, the center's sophisticated lighting technology allows natural sunlight directly into the spacious exhibition area. The result: bright, evenly distributed lighting that's not only more visually pleasing, but also brings with it all of the psychological benefits of working in pure, natural sunlight.
Click to download Downtown Chattanooga Map (pdf 1.4 mb)
The 20th National Trails Symposium has three host hotels:
The Chattanooga Marriott Hotel is conveniently connected to the Convention Center and the Staybridge Suites hotel is located right next door. The other host hotel, the Chattanooga Choo-Choo, is within walking distance. We encourage you to make reservations early, as there are a limited number of rooms at the rates provided below. Mention the group name "National Trails Symposium" to get these rates. The designated cut-off date for all the hotels at their rates mentioned below is October 23, 2010.
Download map of downtown Chattanooga showing the hotels , convention center, and shuttle route (pdf 1.4 mb)
Chattanooga Marriott Hotel at the Convention Center
2 Carter Plaza, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402
Phone: (423) 756-0002, Fax: (423) 308-1010
• Price: Single/Double Occupancy: $99.00 per night, plus tax (17.25%)
• The designated cut-off date for this rate is October 23, 2010. Rates are good from November 11-19, 2010
• Attached to the Convention Center
• Shuttle to & from the airport; $15 if prior reservation is made, $30 for day of pick up
• Located on the complimentary electric shuttle route
Perfectly positioned in the business district, this recently renovated hotel is connected to the Convention Center and offers complimentary downtown shuttle service to many of Chattanooga’s featured attractions. The Marriot is near the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX 3D Theatre and is perfect for lodging near the Chattanooga Riverfront District.
Rooms and facilities
1400 Market Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402
Phone: (423) 266-5000 or (800) 872-2529, Fax: (423) 267-4998
• Price: Single/Double Occupancy: Current government per diem rate of $88 single/$98 double per night, plus tax (17.25%). The government per diem is whatever the prevailing rate is at the time of the conference.
• The hotel will be honoring the government per diem rate for all reservations. Please note that the rate may change in November.
• The designated cut-off date for these rates is October 23, 2010. Rates are good from November 11-17, 2010.
• Located less than a mile from the Convention Center.
• Complimentary airport shuttle to and from hotel. Please call (423) 266-5000 at least two days before to make a reservation for transport.
• Located on the complimentary electric shuttle route (stops at Convention Center).
The Chattanooga Choo-Choo is where history and hospitality go hand in hand. Located in the historic district of downtown Chattanooga, visitors can learn about the railroad station and how early Chattanooga evolved into the destination it is today. The Choo-Choo is near recently renovated turn of the century buildings and just minutes from the Tennessee Aquarium, Hunter Art Museum, and Coolidge Park.
Rooms and facilities
The Station House Restaurant: Experience an evening of entertainment and fun as you dine from a delicious selection of steaks, ribs, and seafood. The area which once housed the rail station's baggage room is now home to this unique restaurant. Your delicious dinner comes complete with exciting entertainment provided by a live band and your own personal server.
Dinner in the Diner: All the romance of days gone by can be enjoyed aboard our elegant dining car where our on-board chef prepares a special dinner for you. As you arrive aboard this Victorian-embellished dining car, a maitre d' will seat you at a special table. Only open for dinner Friday and Saturday evening.
Gardens Restaurant: Relax in the center of lush green plants and enjoy the view of the formal gardens. Located off the dome lobby, it’s a full service restaurant open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. On Saturday nights, you can enjoy a fabulous prime rib buffet. The attire is casual and reservations are not required.
Silver Diner: This unique eatery aboard a silver train car offers a great "meal on the run." Enjoy mouth-watering pizza made fresh to order. The Silver Diner is great for a quick meal or in-between snack. Dine aboard the car in a setting reminiscent of the fifties, or enjoy your meal outdoors under an umbrella. Only open Friday and Saturday.
Also located on the property are an ice cream shop, a lounge, and a coffeehouse.
Staybridge Suites Downtown Chattanooga Convention Center
1300 Carter Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402
Phone: (423) 267-0900, Fax: (423) 267-0954
• Rooms: Studio Suite $88, plus tax (17.25%). Note: Currently the government per diem rate is $88 per night, plus tax (17.25%). Effective October 1, 2010 the government per diem rate will increase to $88 single/$98 double. The government per diem is whatever the prevailing rate is at the time of the conference. There are a LIMITED number of rooms at this rate. Make your reservations early!
• One-Bedroom Suite $107 plus tax (17.25%)
• Two-Bedroom Two Bath Suite $189 plus tax (17.25%)
• The designated cut-off date for this rate is October 23, 2010. Rates are good from November 11-20, 2010.
• Located next door to the Convention Center.
• No airport shuttle [Ground transportation information coming soon!]
• Located on the complimentary electric shuttle route.
Staybridge Suites Downtown Chattanooga Convention Center is conveniently located near the Tennessee Aquarium, IMAX 3D Theater, Creative Discovery Museum, Finley Park, Lookouts Ball Park, and the Southern Belle Riverboat. Rock City & Ruby Falls, located atop scenic Lookout Mountain, are only a short drive away.
Rooms and facilities
Tennessee Aquarium in on Chattanooga's riverfront
Sites and Attractions for all 3 hotels
Within walking distance:
Just a short car ride away:
More about trails in the Chattanooga area:
Information from the 2008 Symposium in Little Rock, AR:
2008 Sponsors and Exhibitors:
2008 Awards and volunteers:
How to attend:
Past and future of the National Trails Symposium: