Symposium events open to the
The public is invited to several events at the National
Trails Symposium (a gathering of trail professionals, advocates
and users) to be held October 21-24, 2004 at the Austin
Convention Center. See the Symposium Highlights
page for more details on the events listed below.
- The state-of-the-art Exhibit Hall will be open to the public at
no charge on the opening day, Thursday, October 21 from 3 - 6 p.m.
and on Saturday, Oct. 23 from 1 - 5 p.m.
- The American Lifestyles Trail & Greenway - a unique, interactive
showcase of exhibitors' products, services, and contributions to trails
across America - will traverse the indoor Exhibit Hall and will be
a highlight of the Symposium.
- The Opening Reception will start at 6:30 p.m. and guests may purchase
tickets on site for $15.00.
Two free events (pre-registration required) that will take place on
Thursday, Oct. 21 are:
- The Texas Trails Conference: Building the Great Texas Trail (9 a.m.
- 4 p.m.) and Accessibility and Trails Workshop (1 - 5 p.m.).
- A Volksmarch Around Town Lake (10 a.m. -3 p.m.) Register and pay
the $5.00 fee on site and receive a commemorative bandana.
Those interested in equipment and machinery for trail work as well
as many other applications should visit the Trail Toys Equipment Expo,
Thursday, Oct. 21, 8 a.m. - noon. The public may attend for a fee of
Additional seminars are available at reasonable cost:
- Trail Design: The Keys to Sustainability & Visitor Enjoyment
(full day, Oct. 21)
- Universal Trail Assessment Process Coordinator Workshop (two full
days, Oct. 20-21)
- Tread Trainer Course (Oct. 21 9 a.m.-12 noon)
For details of all events at the National Trails Symposium, visit the
Symposium Highlights page.
To register: print out
the Registration Form and mail or fax with your check, credit card
number, or purchase order.